We are an independent stern tube seal and propulsion service company. RM Propulsion B.V. produces and supplies compatible spare parts for oil lubricated lip type stern tube seal systems and provides worldwide overhaul service for these systems. In addition to being stern tube seal specialists, for the last few years we are expanding our services to CPP systems, thrusters and rudder systems.
Due to the rapid growth of our company we are looking for a new colleague.
Marine Propulsion Specialist
What do we offer:
- An excellent salary;
- A fulltime job in an informal setting within a small and driven team;
- A highly diverse position in which no day is the same;
- Initially a temporary contract for 1 year with the possibility of renewal/ permanent contract;
- Employment conditions according to Dutch collective labour law (CAO Metaalbewerkingsbedrijf);
- A company cell phone & an Apple MacBook (on loan, but may also be used privately);
- Company car;
- Space to develop yourself and improve the company with your ideas.
- You are responsible for carrying out inspections, maintenance work, troubleshooting and repairs on different types of ship propulsion systems;
- You are responsible for regular overhaul (5 year – 10 year) and repairs on controllable pitch propellers systems (OD Box, CPP hub, blade foot seals etc), Steering gear and thruster systems;
- You can maintain all common brands and types of propulsion systems independently;
- Overhauls and repairs on assemblies at the shipyard and/ or in workshops;
- Overseeing and coordinating work done by the shipyard in order to support your work on propulsion systems;
- Track and report on the status of work orders to customers and/ or internal stakeholders;
- Drafting the Service Work Reports;
- At the shipyard you are the face of RM Propulsion B.V. so you are responsible for the excellent service RM Propulsion B.V. strives for;
- As a propulsion specialist you will fly all over the world;
- A service assignment varies from a few days to a few weeks.
- You have a technical education at MBO-/HBO level (mechanical engineer or marine engineer);
- Years of proven experience in propulsion ship repair;
- Practical problem-solving skills;
- You can improvise and are inventive;
- You will be recognized as a leader with the ability to build high quality teams (team player) based on trust;
- You can work independently, are flexible and like to travel;
- Away from home is no problem for you;
- You have high integrity, listen with good intentions, value feedback and support people to grow;
- Dealing professionally with customers during the execution of the work;
- Your English is fluent, verbally and in writing;
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
Interested and applying for this job? Please send your CV and application letter before Monday November 16th 2020 to Marianne Visser, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.